My guest on this episode, Kristy Best is the creator, writer, director, producer and star of 'How To Know If You’re Dating a Narcissist,' the new web series she spent years researching.
In this conversation Kristy explains how she came to leverage her hard earned experience in the world of dating into the concept and script for her first web series. She explains how quickly the writing and filming was done and then how she raised the funds and support to invest in proper post production and a well planned marketing roll out.
We talk about the show’s preview screening and how the feedback she received from women differed from the feedback she received from some men and we dig into stereotypes and gender expectations, especially in comedy.
Show notes and links:
- Deadhouse Films is a passionate group of filmmakers led by industry innovator Enzo Tedeschi
- Noam Dromi and Legion of Creatives
- Shane Abbess
- Drew Wutke on Studio Time Ep #19
- Kirsty Stark on Studio Time Ep #22
- Fiery Hawk comedy sketch about the audition process
- Something Fishy a twisted little film by Kristy Best
- How to Know if You’re Dating a Narcissist