My guest on this episode is Em Grosland — actor, artist and advocate.
On Em’s website is the statement “I am passionate about work that challenges audiences, shifts paradigms, and serves to increase empathy in our culture.“
As we move into the new year, I invite you to think about your own work as you listen to this episode. What are you going to be an advocate for this year?
In this episode:
- Rabbit Hole - a play by David Lindsay-Abaire
- Kate Bornstein
- Shakina Nayfack
- Emotional Creature - Eve Ensler
- Cathy Rigby as Peter Pan
- Tuacahn - check out this clip that gives you an idea of the setting for this amphitheatre
- “I was singing Neverland one night and I saw a shooting star while I was singing. It doesn’t get any more magical than that. It’s badass.”
- “If you are at an intersection of enough marginalised groups, it makes it very hard to have the freedom and support that you need to be an actor. You have to have a certain amount of privilege to pursue this career.”
- Ricki and the Flash - film where Em played opposite Meryl Streep